Here’s a super simple and super delicious egg recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And yes in typical Mediterranean style I view eggs as not only breakfast food but also lunch and dinner and just perfect about any time of day. I’m always making eggs scrambled with XYZ or omelette’s stuffed with all sorts of savory ingredients or my absolute favorites Spanish Tortillas & Italian Frittatas!
This recipe builds on one of the greatest vegetables of Spring – Spinach. And the incredible edible egg – a superfood in and of itself! Eggs are packed with easily absorbed protein, Vitamin A, numerous B Vitamins and Lutein for eye health. Oh and all that talk about eggs and cholesterol, turns out none of it was true. Numerous scientific studies have proven there is no link between egg intake and heart problems or bad cholesterol levels in healthy people. So crack an egg and enjoy.
- 4 Eggs, cage free, organic
- ¼ cup 1% Milk, organic, pastured or grass fed cows
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or unsalted butter from grass fed cows
- 1.5 cups Fresh Spinach, organic
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the oil or butter.
- Add the spinach to the pan and season with a little salt. Cook until spinach has wilted and reduced by 70% approx. 6 mins.
- Add milk to pan and eggs, stirring to incorporate all together.Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower eat to medium and cook, stirring constantly until eggs are set and liquid has evaporated, approx. 5-6 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!