A delicious tangy and savory spread like olive tapenade is the perfect accompaniment to any sandwich or spread on toasted or grilled whole wheat bread. There is a whole wheat sourdough I buy from a local bakery that I pop into the toaster and then spread some of this deliciousness over and I am in heaven, perfect snack or lunch.
You want to make sure you’re carful not to over process the mixture; you want a nice balance where it can be easily spreadable but at the same time chunky and thick like a paste.
- 1.25 cups Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1.5 tbs. Capers
- 2 filets Anchovy, canned OR ½ tsp. Anchovy Paste
- ¼ cup Basil, fresh
- 1 tbs. Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and puree for 2-3 seconds or until finely chopped and fully combined but still a textured and thick.
- If too thick you an thin it out a little by adding some more olive oil, only a little at a time and be sure to fully mix to incorporate.
- You can store in a sealed glass jar for up to 1 week.