This one is a bit of a sinful recipe but so delicious; it’s a little carb heavy and higher fat than I would like – so its a cheat day or post-workout meal – but it is still all natural, whole food, and vegetable full so it’s not too bad.
I’ve discovered that as people embrace a healthier natural whole food lifestyle their “cheat days” end up being more wholesome and healthier than a lot of other people’s “healthy days
The inspiration for this dish was after my wife came home from a lunch meeting at a Thai restaurant and she had the most indulgent bacon fried rice, it was pure bliss. A week or so later I found myself searching through the fridge wondering what to make for dinner and I found some leftover rice, the last pieces of bacon and some veggies… I took it as a sign and went for it. The result was this amazing recipe you have before you.
- 3 cups Cooked Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 head Cabbage, cored and chopped, organic
- 1.5 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Brown Onion, chopped
- 5 strips Bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Large Eggs, cage free, organic
- ⅓ cup Stir Fry Sauce, organic
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce, low sodium
- ½ tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat a large sauté pan or wok over high heat and add the bacon. Cook until crispy and fat rendered out, remove bacon and set aside.
- Add olive oil and onion to pan cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cabbage, mushrooms and garlic to pan and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add eggs to pan and stir to make a scramble, 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice to pan and stir to fully incorporate.
- Add soy sauce and stir fry sauce, stir to fully incorporate.
- Add bacon back to pan and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!