How to make the best grilled chicken of your life
With the warm days of Summer fast approaching nothing is as delicious or quintessentially Summer as the experience of grilling. This recipe here is the culmination of many years living in Wine Country through personal experiences and in discussions with local chefs and vintners. The flavors are classic Mediterranean along with the very unique flavor spectrum of the grape, which is of course the heart of Wine Country. We have the sweet juicy flavors of raw grapes complemented by the vivid acidic flavors of red wine vinegar and it’s this building of layers of flavor which makes something so much greater than the sum of the parts and than if we had just added some red wine to the marinade. I hope you will come to love this marinade for chicken as much as I do and make it part of your regular cooking repertoire.
You Will Need
- BBQ Grill (Gas or Charcoil)
- Large glass or non-reactive dish to hold the marinating chicken
- Large bowl to prepare marinade
- Tinfoil & dish to hold cooked chicken during resting period
- 8 Chicken Breasts, bone-in, skin on, organic, free-range
- ½ cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup Red Grapes
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tbs. Rosemary
- 1 tbs. Oregano
- 2 tsp. Spanish Paprika
- 2 dash Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, rosemary, oregano, paprika, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Using your hands crush the grapes and add to the marinade mix, stir to incorporate.
- Take the chicken breasts and thoroughly toss them in the marinade and place in a large glass dish, pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
- Prepare the grill to medium heat and take chicken out at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Cook chicken until internal temperature reaches at least 160, should be approximately 10 minutes per side but that will vary depending on grill and other factors - a meat thermometer is the best investment you can make!
- Remove chicken and loosely tent with tinfoil for 5-10 minutes then serve and enjoy!