This recipe adds a delicious savory herb breadcrumb crust to this roast beef. The crust seasons and flavors the meat while at the same time protecting it and making sure the roast stays moist and juicy.
If you love New York Steak then you’ll love this roast because it is a roast of the same piece of beef that when sliced and sold individually is New York Strip Steak.
You Will Need:
- Food Processor
- Roasting Pan & Rack
- Tin Foil
Dijon Herb Crusted New York Strip Loin Roast
- 1 3-4 lb Grass-fed New York Strip Loin Roast, organic
- 1 ¼ cups Dijon Herb Breadcrumb Mixture (see second recipe box)
- Take roast out of the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking and set roast onto roasting rack in pan
- Pre-heat oven to 500
- Prepare Dijon Herb Crust (See Recipe Box Below) and pat and smear paste onto all sides of the roast, covering everything
- Place roast into the oven and cook at 500 for 5 minutes per pound; open up any windows and have the kitchen vent going because it’s probably going to get smoky
- After 5 minutes per pound then lower temperature to 215 and cook for 2 hours
- Remove from oven and tent with tinfoil and set aside to rest for 15 minutes
- Place the roast on a carving board and slice it thinly against the grain for an amazing Roast Beef
Dijon Herb Breadcrumb Crust
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- ¾ cup Homemade Whole Grain Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp. Rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp. Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp. Italian Parsley, dried
- ½ tsp. Oregano, dried
- 3-4 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a food processor add the garlic, breadcrumbs, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pulse chop everything a few times to chop everything and mix together (3-4 pulses)
- Add half the olive oil and pulse chop twice then add remaining olive oil and pulse chop once or twice more. We are searching for a moist paste consistency with everything evenly mixed, you may need to add more or use less olive oil in order to achieve this consistency.
- Remove from food processor and pat onto meat being roasted