Let the Carnevale 2014 begin!
For me this weekend typically begins the Carnevale celebration which is the feast season leading up to the beginning of Lent and it culminates with Mardi Gras on Tuesday.
I’m lucky enough to have been here in the Sonoma Wine Country for a few days so before heading back I had to stop and have an amazing dinner at Sante Restaurant which is located in the historic Fairmont Mission Inn Hotel. There are plenty of accolades for Sante including a Michelin Star, 4 Diamonds from AAA, and Condé Nast magazine declared it an eating destination worthy of a trip to Sonoma by itself. You can check out more about Sante here.
The meal experience was really all it was cracked up to be and it was the perfect way to begin the Carnevale! The food was delicious, the ingredients were of the highest quality and the service and ambiance were impeccable.
Carnevale Feast Menu
- Amouse-Bouche – 5 Onion Purée Soup With Chive Foam in shot glass and Mini Profiteroles Stuffed With Caramelized Onions
- Organic Spring Mix Salad With Heirloom Cucumber & Radish in Citrus Vinaigrette
- Bread Course – Semolina Bread, Whole Grain Bread, Bay Area Sourdough all with Organic Unsalted French Grass-fed Butter and Bay Area Sea Salt to sprinkle on top
- Main Dish – Grilled Tenderloin Of Iberico Pork over Braised Napa Cabbage, Braised Iberico Pork Cheek over Local Cheddar Polenta, Bacon Braised Granny Smith Apple with Tempura Onion Ring
- Cheese Course – French Triple Creme Brie, California Sonoma Triple Cream Brie, French Country Blue Cheese
- Dessert – Valhrona Chocolate Soufflé with Local Organic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- French Pressed Coffee with Local Organic Cream and handful Candied Almonds
- All enjoyed with a bottle of 2009 Carlton Hill, Willamette Valley, Oregon Pinot Noir