MISE EN PLACE
Slice the mushrooms and finely dice the shallot then set aside into separate piles.
Tools You Will Need
- High Walled Sauté Pan
- Small bowl for dredging
- Large Stirring Spoon
- 8 oz. Organic Mushrooms, 2 standard grocery containers, sliced
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, sliced
- 2.5 tbs. Kerrygold Butter, unsalted, or other grass-fed butter brand
- ¼ cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Champagne
- After having sliced the mushrooms, garlic and diced the shallot set them aside and then place the flour into the bowl and season it with salt and pepper.
- Quickly rinse the mushrooms and pat dry with towel then quickly toss them into flour and dredge them shaking off any excess flour
- Heat the sauté pan over high heat, melt 2 tbs of butter in the saute pan and then immediately add the mushrooms, shallot, and garlic then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes.
- Add champagne to pan and cook at high for 1 minute then lower temperature to medium/medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes or until sauce has reduced by at least half but not more than ⅔.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter and then serve immediately