Here we have a quick last minute addition to a recent Sunday Supper that came out wonderfully and ended up being a huge hit! The natural sweetness from the honey and the carrots mixed with smokey caramelization and then the last minute addition of chopped pecans giving an amazing crunch leaves you wanting more and more and more of this delicious side dish.
The dish is very yummy bit I will warn you the cleanup is very hard because you are left with a thick gooey caramelized baked-in residue all over your oven dish that will take lots of elbow grease and a 2 day soaking in soapy water to clean. That is why I’ve included in the “What You’ll Need” a recommendation for tin foil to line the bottom of your dish to hopefully make it easier to cleanup for you than it was for me.
What You’ll Need:
- Oven-proof dish
- Tin Foil (optional)
- 1 lb. Organic Baby Carrot
- 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive
- ½ cup Raw Organic Honey
- ¼ cup Pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375
- Toss carrots in olive oil then season with salt and pepper
- Transfer to oven dish and drizzle honey over all the carrots
- Cook in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until carrots are tender and you have a nice caramelized glaze; I started checking after about 35 minutes but timing will depend on your oven and size of carrots
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the pecans over the carrots then finish back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!