So delicious and simple! This is a perfect weekday recipe where you can just fix it and forget it but at the same time the taste is so amazing and presentation can be dressed up so that it would be a perfect option for guests or company. I used some fresh organic green beans grown locally in California and some bacon I bought at Whole Foods Market. The bacon is nitrate/nitrite free, antibiotic & hormone free and is from humanely raised pigs that live stress free lives on open pasture. This not only ensures the pigs live a good life and it’s also a much more environmentally sustainable model but it also means the meat is much healthier and tastes a million times better than industrially grown food.
Tools You Will Need
- Oven Safe Dish (with lid or cover with tinfoil)
- 1 lb. Organic Green Beans
- 3 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon, organic, free-range
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare the green beans by washing and cutting off stem tips
- Place the green beans into the oven dish, add the sliced garlic & onion, drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and then toss it all together to coat.
- Sprinkle the chopped raw bacon pieces over the green beans and cover the oven dish with the lid or tin foil and place into the center of the oven for 30 minutes
- Remove lid and raise oven temperature to 375 and cook additional 10 minutes.
- Toss everything together to mix and serve.