Easy and simple side dish that is packed full of flavor and goes wonderfully with grilled or roasted meats. I’ve made this many times as a delicious side along with a beautiful roasted chicken or a roast beef. This dish is one of my “Cooking Leverage” recipes where I make a big batch and re-heat the leftovers during the super busy weekdays for a home cooked side in a flash.
Tools You Will Need
- Pot or Large Sauce Pan
- Large Saute Pan
- 6 Organic Potatoes, yellow or other waxy potatoes
- 6 Garlic Cloves, organic, thick sliced
- 1 cup Organic Parsley, chopped
- 2.5 tbs. Grass-fed Butter, Kerrygold or organic brand
- 1 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- DO AHEAD PREFERABLY THE DAY BEFORE AND STORE IN REFRIGERATOR OVERNIGHT FOR REDUCED GLYCEMIC INDEX – Place potatoes in pot and cover with water, season water with salt, and bring to a boil. Cook at a boil for approximately 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are ⅔ cooked; when they can be pierced with a fork with only moderate resistance. Remove potatoes from water and set aside to cool (preferably overnight in refrigerator but not necessary).
- Slice potatoes into half-moon pieces, slice garlic and chop parsley
- Heat large sauté pan over high heat and add the olive oil and 1.5 tbs. butter; add the potatoes, season with salt & pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, another 4-5 minutes until potatoes are nearly cooked through and have a golden brown exterior.
- Add parsley and remaining butter to pan, stir to incorporate, cook an additional 3 minutes and serve.