My delicious take on an amazing side dish I enjoyed while out to dinner at the Dining Room of the Ritz Carlton Hotel. I was inspired by their “daily special” vegetable side; I’ve made a few changes such as upgrading to Spanish Marcona Almonds among others. This easy side goes wonderful with grilled steak and any other grilled meat.
Tools You Will Need
- Large Sauté Pan
- Paper Towel
- 1 lb. Organic Green Beans, fresh
- 2 slices Nitrate/Nitrite Free Bacon, organic, free-range
- 3 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup Spanish Marcona Almonds
- 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 1 tsp. for drizzle
- Wash & trim stem tips from green beans and chop up bacon slices into a large dice.
- Heat sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan and cook until bacon becomes crisp, approximately 6 minutes; remove bacon bits from pan and set aside on paper towel covered plate to drain.
- Lower heat to medium and add 2 tbs. olive to pan. Add green beans to pan, season with salt & pepper, and cook stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes or until green beans are ¾ cooked through.
- Add garlic to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add Marcona Almonds to pan, remove from heat and drizzle remaining olive oil over vegetables.
- Serve and enjoy!