Today’s Sunday Supper is an ode the amazing Filet Mignon steaks I bought when I visited the new Whole Foods store in Laguna Niguel. The best way to celebrate out of this world meat is with a BBQ! The menu was inspired by the Country Farmhouse and Rancho cooking of Spain. The Spanish “cowboy” culture and tastes can be found still in Spain and in the heirs of the Spanish Empire like the Rancheros of Mexico, Argentina, and even the Southwest of the United States to name a few. The call is for bold, simple and delicious flavors. You don’t want to overwhelm anything too much going on; just the delicious flavors of these exceptional ingredients.
It all started with my desire to go check out the new Whole Foods Market that recently opened near my house so on Saturday The Wife and and I went and did most of our shopping for the week over there. Overall the place was amazing with tons of organic and natural products; I found some out of this world local organic bunches of different carrots (orange, purple, yellow, white) that I just steamed and tossed with some butter but the highlight of Whole Foods is their meat & seafood sections. Whole Foods carries full selections of grass-fed, free-range, pastured, organic meats that are sustainably and humanely raised locally in California; the quality of the meat is unparalleled, THE BEST! I fell in love with a few Filet Mignons that I just had to have, I also found some applewood smoked nitrate/nitrite free bacon that was prepared on premises from pastured pigs which went into the Caldo De Frijoles. Finally I picked up the mixture of artisanal cheeses, Spanish Marcona almonds, and the local raw organic sage honey and honeycomb for the cheese plate – pure bliss!
Filet Mignon Sunday Supper Feast
- Caldo De Frijoles
- Patatas Del Rancho (Roasted Spanish Ranchhouse Potatoes with Garlic & Rosemary)
- Steamed Organic Carrot Medley (Orange, Purple, Yellow & White) Pan Seared with Kerrygold Butter
- Grilled Local SoCal Organic 100% Grass-fed Humanely Pastured Filet Mignon
- Grilled Small Sweet Peppers drizzled with Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Artisanal Cheese Plate (Triple Creme Brie, Hard Basque Goat Cheese, Vintage White Cheddar) with Spanish Marcona Almonds, Organic Raw Sage Honey & Honeycomb, and Whole Grain Toasts
- Italian Roast Coffee with Natural Bliss Vanilla Creamer
- La Brea Bakery Whole Grain Loaf
- 2009 Alamos Malbec
- Digestif: Cles des Ducs VSOP Armagnac