This is an old recipe that came to me from my abuelita (grandmother) and it was a staple at countless family functions. It’s a wonderful and delicious Summer dish packed full of flavor and deliciousness while at the same time being super healthy.
You Will Need
- Large Sauté Pan
- Lid for Pan
- Cheese Grader
- 5 medium Organic Zucchini, sliced into rings
- 1 White Onion, organic, diced
- 1 Organic Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 can Organic Corn Kernels, no salt added, drained & rinsed
- 4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, organic
- ⅓ cup Shredded Monterey Cheese, organic
- 1.5 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 tbs. Organic Unsalted Butter, grass-fed cows
- MISE EN PLACE, First things first – chop up all the vegetables, slice the zucchini into rings, dice the onion, bell pepper, and garlic; shred the cheeses.
- Heat the large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil; add the zucchini to the pan, season with salt & pepper and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onion to the pan and the butter; cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and garlic to pan; cook additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add drained & rinsed corn kernels to pan, stir to incorporate, season with salt & pepper. Cook additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. (All this can be done ahead of time and wait for next step to be done shortly before serving after reheating pan)
- Lower heat to low, sprinkle cheese over the top of the dish and cover the pan with the lid; cook on low until all the cheese has melted, approximately 1-2 minutes