Grass-fed Ground Beef cooked in a full flavored and complex sauce of peppers tomatoes and onions that instantly transports you to the ancient sun-drenched lands of the south of Spain – the crossroads between Europe and Africa. And of course like all Picadillos this a perfect “leftover dish” that re-heats quick and easily for delicious weekday dinners.
MISE EN PLACE
Chop the onions and the bell pepper and set aside in separate piles, dice the garlic, measure the wine, have the seasonings prepared
Tools You Will Need
- Large Sauté Pan with Lid
- Tongs or Large Serving Spoon
- 1 lb Organic Grass-fed Ground Beef
- 3 Organic Bell Peppers
- 2 Organic Onions
- 4 Heirloom Tomatoes
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅔ cup Red Wine
- ⅛ tsp. Spanish Paprika
- ⅛ tsp. Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Oregano, dried
- ¼ tsp. Thyme, dried
- ¼ tsp. Rosemary, dried
- Heat the saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and using the tongs or spoon break up the meat and cook for 3-4 minutes; season with a little salt & pepper.
- Add the Onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 1-2 minutes; season with a tiny bit of salt
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt & pepper, add the herbs, paprika, and cumin; stir to incorporate everything then cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- Semi-cover pan, lower temperature to low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!